HOW DEPRESSION MADE ME HATE MY FAMILY- ANONYMOUS
Depression is a mood disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. Also called major depressive disorder or clinical depression, it affects how you feel, think and behave and can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems. You may have trouble doing normal day-to-day activities, and sometimes you may feel as if life isn't worth living.
More than just a bout of the blues, depression isn't a weakness and you can't simply "snap out" of it. Depression may require long-term treatment. But don't get discouraged. Most people with depression feel better with medication, psychotherapy or both.
At a tender age, I experienced depression, I felt living doesn’t worth it at all, I felt worthless.
It just came like that,
There was a point I didn't feel like I was a part of my family, my mom paid attention to just my siblings, there was nothing I did that she wouldn't complain about. Mum would always buy stuffs for my siblings without getting mine.
At a time, I felt left out when everyone is talking, I wouldn't be able
to contribute with the fear of being shouted at. Because, then it was like my
opinion doesn't count.
‘I felt hated’
Most times, I go to bed in tears…
The only confidant I had was my diary, all memories in my diary were
never happy ones, I couldn't take it anymore so I had to call my big mom (of
blessed memory), cried to her on phone, pleading with her to come take me away.
I asked her if she was sure that her kid sis (my mom) was the one who
gave birth to me, different thoughts came to my head then.
My big mom had to start calling every day, she
was always singing for me, always encouraging me and at some point she sent
someone from Abuja to come take me away from Lagos.
Though, she fought with my mom
because of me.
To cut the long story short,
I came to realize that no one hates me, it was my thinking that
affected me because I was spanked for doing something wrong of which I wasn't
the one at fault, which made me start having different thoughts about my
siblings, it made me start giving meanings to every act.
Me being sad that day allowed
depression to set in and depression made me to have some bad thoughts about my
family.
If not for my big mom's
intervention maybe, I wouldn't be here today because I had thought of suicide a
number of times I can't remember.
Till today, I feel I owe that woman a lot, even in the dead.
(ANONYMOUS)
killing is not the best way to cure depression, I escaped death due to
ignorance and because I couldn’t bear the pain then. The truth is YOU ARE STRONGER THAN DEPRESSION.
Depression often begins in the teens, 20s or 30s,
but it can happen at any age. More women than men are diagnosed with
depression, but this may be due in part because women are more likely to seek
treatment.
Factors that seem to increase the risk of developing or triggering
depression include:
- Certain personality traits, such as low self-esteem and being too dependent, self-critical or pessimistic
- Traumatic or stressful events, such as physical or sexual abuse, the death or loss of a loved one, a difficult relationship, or financial problems
- Blood relatives with a history of depression, bipolar disorder, alcoholism or suicide
- Being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender, or having variations in the development of genital organs that aren't clearly male or female (intersex) in an unsupportive situation
- History of other mental health disorders, such as anxiety disorder, eating disorders or post-traumatic stress disorder
- Abuse of alcohol or recreational drugs
- Serious or chronic illness, including cancer, stroke, chronic pain or heart disease
- Certain medications, such as some high blood pressure medications or sleeping pills (talk to your doctor before stopping any medication)
We also have some factors that triggers
depression these days, which might be pressure from family, money, envy and the
likes…
Feel free to comment some factors you feel
triggers depression in this recent days, so as to keep the discussion rolling or contact us (07016818766-
Dealpressure foundation) if you wish to share your story to the world.



Comments
Post a Comment